Please be aware that the International Institute of Physics, IIP, never contacts the participants to ask for credit card or similar information. Participants are expected to pay for their travel and accommodation by themselves unless they qualify for financial support. If you have any questions, please contact IIP events department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Para acessar à versão na língua portuguesa, clique em "pt" no canto superior direito desta página.
"Physics Education in Both Elementary and High Schools" This event will take place thoughout the month of August, 2021, ONLINE.
"In a time when science and educators are not valued as they should in Brazil, it is essential to support local science teachers and show them that we recognize their essential role in shaping a bright future for the region and for the country.
We believe that science and engineering practices and concepts should be introduced early on in elementary school, in order to prepare students to deal with the massive amounts of information they receive on a daily basis, often uncritically, through social media.
Despite the strong motivation of many teachers, the general lack of institutional investment often confines them to traditional lecture-based classroom settings, without access to training in inquiry-based science teaching methods that are provably more effective in engaging and teaching students.
This conference will focus on science teachers in Brazil, especially physics teachers in the Northeast of the country, and will be composed of workshops, lectures and panel discussions. The goal of the event is to develop a variety of tools (technical, communal, and pedagogical) to aid and motivate them in their work. "
- Technological tools for learning and online learning during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Active and investigative learning methodologies in online and face-to-face Physics education.
- Metrology in Physics education.
- Introduction in high schools to contemporary concepts at the frontier of Physics.
- Use of toys, daily objects and scrap in science education.
- Interculturalism, ethno-ratial relations and references to pseudo-history in science education.
- The interaction of Physics education with Philosophy and Science-Culture-Citizenship disciplines.
- Cultivating abilities and competencies in Physics and Mathematics.
- Preparing students for the Physics Olympiad.
- Analysis of Physics text books adopted in Brazil.
- Native Brazilian Astronomy
This event will be free of charge, In order to receive the link for the conference, the prospective particpants are kindly asked to regsiter by clicking on the link below until July 30, 2021.