Data breaches, identity theft, online and phone scams are a reality in our lives today. Never reveal sensitive financial information to a person or business you don’t know, whether they reach out to you via phone or text.
Please be aware that the International Institute of Physics, IIP, does not request payment information of any kind. Scammers sometimes approach participants claiming to be able to provide accommodation and asking for credit card information. Please do not give any information away. IIP will be in touch via official email regarding accommodation and financial support for qualified applicants. If you have any questions, please contact IIP events department at email@example.com
Weyl Fermions in Condensed Matter
The objective of this event is to bring together the main experts in the physics of Weyl fermions, which were detected in Weyl materials, discovered in 2015. It will be a venue to discuss the most recent developments of this great discovery, both from the theoretical and experimental sides. The event will also provide a comprehensive overview to scientists who wish to enter the field.
Topics to be discussed during the workshop:
- Latest developments in Weyl materials;
- Spectroscopy (optics, Raman, EELS);
- Electronic and nanoscale devices and applications;
- Functionalization and surface modification;
- Multiscale modeling, theory and computation;
- Engineering applications of Dirac topological materials;
- Growth, synthesis techniques and integration methods;
- Electronic-structure and ab-initio calculations;
- Transport properties of chiral systems;
- Experimental detection of Weyl quasiparticles and Weyl material realizations;
- Physics of unconventional surface states;
- Interaction and disorder effects in topological systems;
- Hetero- and hybrid-structures;
- Quantum-field-theory approaches and electrodynamics in Weyl materials;
- Weyl fermions beyond Weyl materials, Majorana fermions and other topological excitations;
- Spintronics and magnetism.
In order to assist the organizing staff to timely issue invitation and visa letters, book accommodation and communicate important information, the prospective particpants are kindly asked to regsiter by clicking on the "Register" button at the top of this page.
Registration deadline: May 01, 2019
The policy of the International Institute of Physics with respect to organization of events demands collecting a registration fee from the participants. Members of the local community (institutions in Natal) are considered as free listeners and are exempt from paying the fee.
Students = R$ 400 Brazilian reais
Postdocs/Professionals = R$ 800 Brazilian reais
*Registration fee is accepted in cash only.
** Information about lodging will be posted soon.
Available for those who qualify for financial help. You may apply for financial support when filling out your registration form (Registration page).
For more information, please contact our events department at: firstname.lastname@example.org